Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Busy but Fun Weekend.

We had two visitors in our home this weekend. The girls were so excited for both of them to spend a few nights at our house. Our first visitor was one of Claire's best friends...Lilly. The first night she was with us, I told all the girls to go get their pajamas on and then I heard them all just cracking up laughing. Needless to say I went in the room to see what was so funny and Claire and Lilly had the exact same nightgown and they were so excited to wear them together.
 The next morning I decided to take the girls to do something fun. Bryan was busy working on our sprinklers so it was just me and the three girls. I took them to a place to paint pottery. Here they are anxious to get started...which is probably why Claire has crazy excitement eyes.
 They each picked out a hot chocolate mug to paint and quickly shouted out colors for me to put on their plates so they could start painting away. It was so much fun to watch the joy they had in painting these mugs. I wish I could take my girls to do this more often! I am so excited for this weekend to come to see how they all turned out.
Saturday afternoon our other visitor arrived. My best friend Peggy came to visit us. She had run a half-marathon that morning and then drove up here to spend a few days with us. We all had a bunch of fun. Lots and lots of laughing happened at our house. Peggy and I taught each other how to make some scarfs. Peggy taught me how to crotchet a "cookie" scarf from a book we both bought....and I taught her how to knit a scarf. While Peggy was here, we also watched movies, played games, danced, read books (well Claire read books to Peggy), got slurpees from the #1 selling slurpee 7-11, visited the 9/11 memorial, celebrated Peggy's birthday and Peggy introduced us to Geocaching...we had fun finding 7 different ones right around our neighborhood.
 It was sad to see these fun times end, but glad we got to make the memories. We like having visitors...who wants to come visit us next? We love it!!!

1 comment:

Aaron and Devon said...

How fun! It never ceases to amaze me how much Claire looks like you :)