Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween

This post will have a lot of pictures because we have had a lot of fun this Halloween. Here are the girls in their outfits on Halloween day. They were both so excited to wear them.
Bryan's cousin and his wife host a Halloween party each year, on our way to their party this year we saw this on the side of the road. I have seen the aftermath of a car on fire, but never one actually on fire. It was crazy!
Of course we had our annual family pumpkin carving day. Mia even helped us take the pumpkin guts out of her pumpkin and Claire wasn't so sure she liked taking the guts out. After a few hours we were able to get all four pumpkins carved. It was a fun time. I bet you can't figure out who carved what pumpkins...
Mia was a cupcake for Halloween. At first she didn't like to have the hat on, but she really loved it once we were out in the cold. This is the best picture we got of her in her costume.
Claire was Rapunzel. Thanks Grandma Lois for making her such an amazing costume and for finding her a Rapunzel wig (we braided her wig and added flowers to it). She was so excited she got to wear her costume four different times. This picture is from her preschool Halloween party. She loved every minute of it. She looks so cute too!!!
I am not much of a Halloween person, I prefer to sit home and see all the kids in their cute costumes. However, I will dress up for the family party, but the costumes I choose are usually simple. This year LeeAnn and I decided to be Jem from Jem and the Holograms and Pizzazz from the Misfits. I think we did a pretty good job with our costumes...what do you think? If you don't know the cartoon then google it and see how we did!!
Bryan was Ron Burgundy from Anchor Man. I think he did a great job. He wasn't loving his wig because it wasn't styled like the package said it would be and that bothered him because he wanted it to be perfect!!
We actually took Claire trick-or-treating this year, our friends brought their two kids and we all went out together. Claire had a good time, but surprisingly we didn't even make it around our whole neighborhood and she was ready to go home.
At the end of the night we took the girls up to trick-or-treat at Grandma Lois' and Papa Don's....Mia showed us that she knew what was supposed to happen with the Halloween candy and she kept doing it over and over and over. It was too cute not to tape!!

5 comments:

ChucKenzie said...

How cute! That looks like so much fun. I love the cupcake costume! My niece has that little skeleton outfit too. What a cute family you have! Miss you :)

Aaron and Devon said...

The girls looked adorable!

Becky Macbeth said...

How fun! Amazing pumpkins, as always! And you nailed Jem, by the way!!!

Simmons Family said...

Love the rapunzel costume, she did a great job on it! My favorite was Jem though! Way cool! Did you know that cartoon is on still, crazy fun :)

C&K said...

I love the Jem costumes! So funny, I had forgotten about that show.