Thursday, May 26, 2011

Graduation and More

We will start with the "and More" part of the title of this post. We can't believe how quickly Mia is growing up. Next week we will take her to her 9 month doctor appointment to see how big she is. Her newest thing is standing on her own.
She loves crawling all over the place and she also loves to pull herself up on things and walk around them. We hope she'll crawl longer, but I am sure before long she will be trying to walk. Another new thing for her is grass. We took her outside the other night to play on the grass before bed...the picture below is her reaction to the grass.
This past Tuesday was preschool graduation. Bryan and I have spent countless hours in preparation for the graduation. We started out having the kids paint a picture frame and then we had our program (a video of the kids and pictures from the school year) and handed out diplomas. We also had a giant soccer net and ball to play with and a parachute. The kids loved it. We finished off with a potluck type lunch. Overall I think graduation was a success.
We tried Claire's graduation 2011 glasses on Mia, but all she wanted to do was eat them and Claire just likes to see them glow in the dark.
We did body outlines of the kids and then the kids got to color them. Here is Claire's body outline. She had pony tails the day we did the outlines and she wanted me to trace them too. She tells everyone that her piggy tails look more like doggie ears.
This is one of my favorite pictures I have seen (so far...I am still waiting for mom's to send me the pictures they took) from graduation. Claire has so much fun with these two kids. They are also in our ward. Ella is such a bubbly happy girl and Jaxon always says something to me to warm my heart.
Here is Teacher Stacie (that is what the kids called me) giving Claire her diploma. I loved being her teacher, but I love being her mommy even more!! I am proud of my girl for her hard work this year.
I can't believe that the preschool year is over. It seems like it just started, but Mia was only two weeks old when it started and now she is almost 9 months. It is nuts. I will truly miss the eight kids I taught! The kids learned a lot this year, but I think I learned even more!

1 comment:

Sara said...

how exciting... I am glad that it went well for you!