Thursday, October 7, 2010

Hot Stuff


Claire has had a difficult time lately. She has learned to spit and enjoys doing it. She will spit pretty much every where we go...the park, on cars in parking lots, her bed, etc... I got fed up with it one day and put some cayenne pepper on her tongue. Just enough it taught her that it is hot and we shouldn't spit. I felt like a horrible mother, but it worked. She hasn't spit in over a week now. YEAH!!!
Well that isn't the point of this post the point is to tell how much she has understood we don't spit. The other day Bryan was working in the garage and Claire was out with him...she came in and told me she needed the "hot stuff". I asked her if she spit outside and she told me no. I then asked her why she needed the "hot stuff". She responded to me by saying "Daddy spit, he needs the hot stuff on his tongue". I gave her the cayenne pepper powder and she took it out to him and kept telling him he needed to put it on his tongue. She was persistent and stood her ground until Bryan put the powder on his tongue. I guess my moment of feeling like a bad mom is paying off.

5 comments:

Brady + Marsha said...

That is so funny! I should try that for Molly's screaming.

Steph said...

HILARIOUS!!!
I've always had a peeve about guy-spit. It's EVERYWHERE...cause a guy will spit ANYWHERE!
YAY, CLAIRE! (Now your little miss-thang needs to visit my house!)
Side note: You have the same blog background as me...you should stop by my blog and check out my pumpkin playlist! It's the bestest!

Debbie said...

We have been having the worst time with Ellis and his passing gas. This is like a three year fight. He would fart in the car. He would fart in the living room. He would fart three minutes after getting in trouble for farting in inappropriate places. Finally I was done with it. His consequence--a teaspoon of vinegar every time he did it. He has only done it twice in the last month. That child tears out of the living room headed towards the bathroom or outside anytime he has to pass gas now. Hilarious! :)

Simmons Family said...

sounds like a good idea!! I might need to try that. I have heard of using pepper before too.

Sara said...

I love that you told me that now whenever Sami spits I warn her... she immediately stops and hardly ever does it anymore!