Thursday, January 21, 2010

Birthday Girl

I can't believe my little girl is 3 years old. For the past year she has been telling us she wanted to have a Dora birthday party, so that is exactly what we did. Here she is enjoying the food at her Dora birthday bash.
We had so much fun. We played Pin the tail on Swiper.
We went fishing.
We played a balloon game. (I think this was by far the kids' favorite game)--So in the comments people asked about this game so I am editing my post. This is the balloon game....We blew up 75+ balloons put star stickers on them (since Dora is a star catcher), we had a few buckets. We would dump the balloons out on the kids and they had to pick up the balloons and put them in their bucket as fast as possible. By the end all the kids just wanted to kick the balloons and put them back in the garbage bag in order to dump the balloons again.
We played Dora cornhole.
Of course we had a Dora Pinata.
Last but not least here is the Dora cake Bryan and I made for her.

6 comments:

Brady + Marsha said...

What a cute party! What a cute little 3 year old! I love the pin the tail on swiper and of course the Dora cake was impressive.

Ben and Alissa said...

Katie had SO MUCH FUN! Every time I mentioned anything about the party during the day yesterday, Katie would get the biggest grin on her face. Thanks for inviting us! It was awesome. And the balloon game was the biggest hit ever!

C&K said...

What was the balloon game you played? Elora will be turing four in a couple months and we are always looking for ideas for games to play with a bunch of hyper kids... I am super impressed with your cake!

Simmons Family said...

Looks like she had fun there. What is the balloon game? Also that cake was awesome!

Aaron and Devon said...

Looks like tons of fun! Love the cake- you guys are good!

The Odermott's said...

Happy B-lated birthday! Sorry we missed it. It looked like a ton of fun!